Star of the Sea Parish is seeking a dynamic individual with a strong commitment to young people and the Roman Catholic faith to serve as the Youth Ministry Coordinator for the parish. The Youth Ministry Coordinator will plan and execute comprehensive programming for school students and young adults. As well, the Youth Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating human and other resources directed towards youth ministry.
This is a paid, part-time position (15-20 hours a week) that requires excellent interpersonal skills and involves much work with adults and youth. Remuneration based on experience.
- Active member of a Catholic parish;
- Dedication and a sense of vocation to youth;
- Organizational skills: ability to design, implement and evaluate an effective plan of action;
- Communication/instructional skills: strong written and oral skills and the ability to teach groups of adults and youth;
- Facilitation skills: ability to work with committees and parish staff;
- Human resource skills: ability and personality to recruit, select, train, motivate and evaluate volunteers;
- Formal education in the Catholic faith or a commitment to pursue in-service training as a condition of the position;
- Experience and education in PREP or youth ministry, or a commitment to pursue in-service training as a condition of the position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by Sat., Oct. 31, 2015 to:
Fr. Glenn Dion
2250 150th Street
Surrey, BC V4A 0J3