The Ministries and Outreach Office (M&O) Youth Ministry Leadership Bursary recognizes high school students making a difference in their parishes, schools, communities, and homes. Two students will be selected to receive an award of $500 each to be applied to post-secondary schooling. Recipients will be young leaders who are making an impact, showing initiative, and inspiring others.
Applicants for the M&O Leadership Bursary will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will select the Bursary recipients based on their leadership and contribution to their parishes, schools, communities, and homes.
As an applicant, you must:
- Be in grade 12 and pursuing post-secondary education
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Live in the Archdiocese of Vancouver
- Be known in your parish community
- Be involved in parish and/or archdiocesan youth ministry
As an applicant, you must submit:
- An online application form (see below)
- Three short written reflections (part of the online application form)
- Two references – also online (must be from two different groups or communities: i.e. from parish, school, community group, employer, sports team, etc)
Thus, your entire submission (application form, answers to the reflection questions, and references) will be online. We will not accept hard copies.
Please obtain two references, each from a colleague or supervisor from a different setting. For example, a reference from your church could be your Pastor, Youth Ministry Coordinator, or PREP Coordinator. A reference from your school might be your Principal, Teacher, or Campus Minister. Other suggestions are coaches, community leaders, employers, etc. References should not be related to you, nor be from your peer group.
You must use the online form below to submit your application.
- 2019 Application Process closed – thank you for all whom have applied
We will notify scholarship recipients the week of May 20, 2019
- All entries become the property of the M&O of the Archdiocese of Vancouver
- The M&O retains the right to make program rule changes at any time
- The decisions of the Selection Committee are final
- The above information will be collected and protected by the M&O in accordance with the Personal Information and Privacy Act and used only for the purpose for which it is submitted