The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver is looking for volunteers who would like to offer their skills and talents caring for the poor and homeless. There are many opportunities in the Men’s Hostel and The Door is Open. Both locations offer great opportunities to assist the community while volunteering in a faith-based environment.
Working collaboratively with staff, volunteers will be:
- Assisting with the Food Bank;
- Organizing, distributing and responding to the guests’ needs;
- Monitoring the safety of the guests;
- Completing a variety of other guest relations and duties as required.
- Offers flexible hours, days and evenings;
- Responsibilities will may vary among locations;
- Must abide by the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Policy & Code of Conduct;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to the start of service.
Tell us your availability by:
Submitting a résumé and cover letter with “Volunteer” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.