Searching in the Spirit 2020 Leadership Team
Member Job Description
We Are Looking For . . .
Someone who models good Christian values through:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ with an active and growing faith and prayer life
- a passion for today’s youth and a desire to understand and relate to them
- a commitment to an evangelistic and discipleship lifestyle, and a desire to share what God has taught you
- a servant’s heart, a listening ear, an accepting attitude, and a compassionate vision
- a commitment to the Catholic Church and its ministries
- a desire to leave his/her comfort zone and reach youth where they are at
- an appreciation for teamwork, and a desire to work hard at being a team player
Summer Staff Opportunities
LEADERSHIP TEAM MEMBER (12 positions):
You will foster an environment of faith, love, and service to Searching in the Spirit participants by exhibiting a faith-filled life, good Christian values, and strong leadership abilities.
1. TO MODEL FOR PARTICIPANTS GOOD CHRISTIAN VALUES:
- sensitivity, unselfishness
- kindness, friendliness
- self-discipline, moderation
2. TO PREPARE AND TO LEAD ACTIVITIES WITH YOUTH.
- choose topic / activities
- do background reading / prep
- prepare outline, presentation, and participant book material
- rehearse presentations / activities on pre-program all-day prep meetings
- lead large and small group games & activities
- share your personal testimony
- evaluate presentations / activities and recommend improvements
3. TO BE AN AMBASSADOR, INTERPRETER, AND MENTOR FOR YOUTH.
- keep Program Director, Co-leaders, and M&O staff informed about successes of and challenges to youth on daily basis; bring concerns to leader meetings; draw attention to strengths and talents and growth of youth
- help youth to understand camp rules and activities; help other leaders to understand individual youth in your care
- share your personal gifts, skills, understanding, and stories with youth in your care
4. BE ACCOUNTABLE TO PROGRAM DIRECTOR AND DESIGNATED STAFF.
- follow-through on assigned duties; report errors, omissions, challenges
- report daily on “how it’s going” with youth and activities
- seek direction as needed
- be flexible – be willing to change program activities / schedules if the leadership team deems it necessary
- Must be available to attend one-two meetings a month (or as needed) from late-January through July
- Rehearsing presentations/activities on pre-program prep days
- Evaluating presentations/activities and recommend improvements
Preference will be given to applicants who are born in the years 2001 to 2003 and who have not yet served 3 years on the Searching in the Spirit Team. You must be in at least grade 10 to apply.
CO-LEADER (2 positions):
In addition to being a Leadership Team member, you will work with the M&O to coordinate the preparation, implementation, and follow-up of the Searching in the Spirit Program. (min. 1 year Searching in the Spirit experience)
Application Process is now closed. Thank you to all whom have applied.
GO TO BACK TO LEADERSHIP TEAM APPLICATION INFO PAGE
Application deadline: Friday, January 10th, 2020, 9:00am
Terms of Service
If your application is complete and you meet our initial criteria, we will email you an invitation for an interview taking place sometime in early-/mid-January.
Team Training: late-January through July 2020. Approximately 1-2 meetings/month at parishes around the Archdiocese, with additional commitments (retreats, planning meetings). Will be either an evening or weekend meeting. Attendance at meetings is mandatory.
Meeting #1: February 8 – John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Vancouver
Searching in the Spirit 2020 week: June 29 – July 3, 2020 with a staff day on June 28 at Camp Jubilee.