Thank you for taking interest in the spiritual formation of your child.
Elementary PREP assists parents in their role as the primary educators of The Faith. Guided by the parish pastor, it is organized by a PREP Coordinator and implemented by catechists in local parishes. Sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation are incorporated in the program.
We Believe that
- Parents are the primary educators in the faith. (General Directory for Catechesis, 225)
- The Christian home is a place where children first learn about The Faith. The family home is “the domestic church,” a community of grace and prayer, a school of human virtues and of Christian charity. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1666)
Areas of Interest for Parents
- Parental Statement of Commitment
- Contacting a Parish Near You
- Preparing Your Child for First Reconciliation & Holy Communion
- Preparing Your Child for Confirmation
- Approved Programs & Recommended Books
- Sexuality Education Guidelines