The Outreach & Community Coordinator acts as a link between Catholic Cemeteries and the Catholic organizations and groups in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. The role builds awareness and educates the community about the Catholic Burial Tradition and functions of the ministry by building ministerial relationships with Parishes, Parish groups, and Pastoral Centre ministry offices.
The Outreach and Community Coordinator is responsible for:
- Promoting awareness by building relationships with Catholic organizations, parishes, the Gardens of Gethsemani Chapel community, the Catholic Women’s League, the Knights of Columbus Chapters, Archdiocesan Offices, partnering organizations connected to our ministry such as Elizabeth Ministry and Catholic Health Care groups;
- Coordinating Estate & Memorial Planning presentations with support for parish offices with resources;
- Liasing with the Archdiocesan Communications Office to develop appropriate marketing materials to support family service functions;
- Fostering community by coordinating events and cemetery programs such as the monthly Mass of Remembrance, Open Houses, the month of Holy Souls, and Parish bus tours;
- Assisting families with bereavement and aftercare support;
- Working with Catholic schools to provide end of life education through available lesson plans and inviting schools to the Gardens of Gethsemani for orientation and community service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3-5 years of related work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the Catholic Church and Catholic Burial Tradition;
- Ministerial and marketing acumen with the ability to reach out to individuals and groups;
- Self-motivated with strong service orientation;
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion in a confidential work environment;
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills with ability to organize workload with minimal supervision;
- Superior verbal and email communication skills as well as facilitation and presentation skills;
- Valid BC driver’s license and own vehicle (mileage reimbursement);
- Previous experience in a cemetery environment and community engagement would be considered a definite asset.
- Full-time professional;
- Normal office hours are 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Regular evening and weekends required. Time is adjusted to accommodate event scheduling;
- Excellent benefits package with optional pension plan.
Deadline to apply: Position will remain open until filled
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Outreach and Community Coordinator” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.