There are a number of existing parish-based men’s groups in the Archdiocese, in which men come together to pray, study the faith, and support each other. We hope to encourage more of these, convinced that men need other men, brothers with whom they can grow in their faith, find mutual encouragement, and develop Christ-centred friendships. See below for a directory of existing groups, plus a list of recommended resources.
|St. Augustine Parish, Vancouver||604-736-4455||Men’s Prayer Group|
|Christ the Redeemer Parish, West Vancouver||604-922-1371||Friday Morning Prayer Group|
|Star of the Sea Parish, White Rock||604-531-5739||Friday Morning Men’s Group|
|St. James Parish, Abbotsford||604-864-8800||Men’s Group|
|Church of the Assumption, Powell River||604-485-5300||Men’s Ministry|
|St. Joseph, Langley||604-534-3303||The Master’s Touch Men’s Group|
For those interested in joining an ongoing men’s faith formation group, consider contacting the parishes above.
For those interested in starting a men’s group, consider visiting some of the above groups to see a variety of models and resources in action.
For those interested in great faith formation resources for men and men’s groups, here are some options we recommend:
- Crossing the Goal – series of DVDs on various topics
- Fr. Larry Richards – various books and DVDs
- Catholicism – acclaimed 10-session video series by Fr. Robert Barron
- Discipleship Series – simple to use small group books focusing on the Catechism of the Catholic Church and specific themes
- Great Adventure Bible Studies – a variety of excellent Scripture study programs
- Knights of Columbus faith formation resources – a variety of free studies.
- Catholic Christian Outreach Faith Studies – inexpensive, easy to use small group resources. Note: Attendees at Man Alive 2013 were invited to participate in the Discovery Faith Study from this series.
- Holy League monthly Eucharistic adoration for men