The Marriage Encounter Weekend is designed to expand and deepen the joys of a married couple. The program:
- Offers them a technique of loving communication that they can use for the rest of their lives
- Revitalizes marriage by helping them to see what their relationship could and should be
It is also a program for priests and religious who want to revitalize their relationship with the people of God and develop an even deeper appreciation for their own vocation.
What is the program’s structure?
Marriage Encounter is run over a weekend. It is a program based on the traditions and understanding of the Catholic Church that is open to couples of all faiths.
What is the program’s cost?
No couple is ever refused the opportunity to make a Marriage Encounter Weekend because they face financial difficulties. A non-refundable registration fee is required to ensure your reservation. As Marriage Encounter is entirely self-supporting, each couple is asked to make a donation at the end of each weekend.
What participants have to say about Marriage Encounter…
- “Rick and I love each other very much, but we felt as if the world was slowly pushing us apart. Daily problems of money, job and children were steadily becoming more important than our relationship. Marriage Encounter has helped to put things back into proper perspective for us. It’s great!”
- “When some friends suggested that Sheila and I make a Marriage Encounter, we were shocked and more than a little hurt. We were very happily married and, frankly, it surprised us that they thought we needed ‘marriage counseling’. When we finally told them how we felt, they laughed and said that they had suggested the Encounter because we were a happily married couple. Now, I’m glad they did. We got an awful lot out of it precisely because we brought a lot to it.”
- “I’m a priest. Marriage Encounter has helped me to realize and accept my own humanness. It’s given me the means to understand myself as a man. This has proved invaluable in the living out of my priesthood.”
For more information…
- Contact Glen & Sharon Goh at 778.386.2908 or 604.683.0281 ext. 50214
- Visit Worldwide Marriage Encounter to learn more