The Catholic Charities Men’s Hostel is looking for Guest Attendants to support the Men’s Hostel. The Hostel is searching for casual staff who have a flexible schedule and are able to work evenings and/or overnight shifts. As we continue to navigate through this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are deeply committed to serving the homeless on the frontlines, while adhering to strict safety protocols to ensure the health and well-being of all guests and staff. Under the direction of the Director of Shelter Services and the Shift Leaders, the Guest Attendant is responsible for the immediate care and needs of the guests.
Working collaboratively with other Shelter staff, the Guest Attendant will:
- Support the Mission of the Catholic Charities Men’s Hostel including a willingness to respect Catholic and other multi-faith beliefs as well as a philosophy of compassionate service to others;
- Interact with the guests and be available to listen and respond to guests’ needs;
- Monitor the safety of the guests;
- Complete general administrative tasks, including responding to phone calls, entering data into the daily log etc.;
- Complete a variety of other guest relations and administrative duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A deep desire to serve the homeless in our community;
- Previous experience working or volunteering with homeless persons (shelter experience preferred);
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental illness;
- Superior conflict resolution and de-escalation skills;
- The ability to work collaboratively, to respect confidentiality, to serve patrons of all spiritual persuasions, embracing servant leadership;
- A background in social work, emergency services, mental health, healthcare and serving the homeless.
- Start date would be immediate upon successful completion of requirements;
- Different shifts are available: 3:30-11:30pm and 11:30pm-7:30am;
- Must abide by the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Policy & Code of Conduct;
- Must abide by the Men Hostel’s and Health Authorities’ safety procedures and maintain proper PPE protocol;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to the start of employment.
Deadline to apply: Open
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Guest Attendant” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.