The Development Office of the Archdiocese of Vancouver is looking for a collaborative and entrepreneurial professional to join their team. The Development Officer oversees the planning and execution of the Archdiocesan Annual Appeal, known as Project Advance, and assists parishes in their regular fundraising activity.
This is an opportunity for the Development Officer to advance the well-known Project Advance Appeal throughout the Archdiocese and to provide parishes with unique fundraising support specific to their needs.
The ideal candidate is a qualified professional with a commitment to the Church’s mission and to the principles of Gospel stewardship.
- Develop key marketing and communication materials to promote the annual appeal:
- Video, brochure, posters, manual with samples for bulletin announcements, letters, scripts etc.
- Develop key marketing and communication strategies for an effective appeal;
- Support the Project Advance Steering Committee and prepare all necessary meeting materials including the annual parish goals and Special Grants application reviews;
- Establish effective communication with departments to promote the appeal – namely Communications and The BC Catholic;
- Conduct research on annual appeals to help identify best practices and generate new ideas;
- Conduct initial analysis of parish fundraising practices with a pilot group of parishes in the Archdiocese of Vancouver to inform the creation of a Parish Fundraising Kit;
- Utilize the Parish Fundraising Kit as a tool when consulting and supporting parishes on aligning and implementing these fundraising practices and resources within their parish;
- Maintain consistent communication with pastors and parishes on their fundraising efforts including – Sunday offertory, estate giving and other fundraising initiatives;
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must be:
- Entrepreneurial – driven to create;
- Experienced in marketing and communication through formal education (diploma or degree) and/or workplace experience;
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign and Photoshop), mass email communication platforms (i.e. Constant Contact) and Microsoft Suite;
- Highly interpersonal – notable ability to build trust, listen, asses, align and consult with those you work with and support;
The ideal candidate should have:
- Knowledge of Church fundraising;
- Knowledge in annual fund development.
- As a full-time professional employee, it is understood that there is frequent evening and weekend work in order to fulfill the needs of this position;
- Excellent benefits package including optional pension plan.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter with “Development Officer” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.