- The organization must be Catholic and be in line with the Magisterium of the Church. There must be an identifiable importance placed on the Sacraments throughout the program.
- The organization’s program(s) must contain elements of discipleship formation, including spiritual, human, intellectual, and apostolic. Here are a few examples of what this would include:
- Spiritual: Retreats, Eucharistic Adoration, Mass, Confession;
- Human: Living in Christian community;
- Intellectual: Study of the Catechism, Church Documents, Scripture;
- Apostolic: Service opportunities.
- The organization’s program(s) length must be a minimum of four (4) months.
- The organization must be based in North America with program(s) (work placement) in North America.
- The organization must be accepting applications from young adults between 18-29 years old.
- The organization and program(s) must be in existence longer than five (5) years.
- The organization must ensure they have a policy around screening of applicants and/ or “Safe Environment” Policy and appropriate insurance coverage.
- The organization must provide a minimum of three (3) referrals from past participants.
- The organization must provide a letter of endorsement from their local Bishop (parish and diocesan programs are exempt).
The sole purpose of the program should not be the discernment for religious life of a community.
 The Archdiocese will protect any information collected as part of this process requirement pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act. The information will be used solely for the internal use of referencing the organization from a participants point of view.