Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based program of Christian formation for children ages 3 through 12. CGS teachers must be certified through the CGS formation training program, which is open to teachers — pre-school, K to 1, PREP, or homeschool — or anyone interested in being trained as a CGS instructor.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd requires training for adults for each level.
- Level I is for children ages 3 – 6 (90 hours)
- Level II is for children ages 6 – 9 (90 hours)
- Level III is for children ages 9 – 12 (120 hours)
Each level of training requires at least 90 hours of training sessions with the following features: lectures, prayer reflections, observations, lesson presentations, materials making, discussions and planning.
Upcoming Training Schedule Level II:
- Level II – Part 2 of 2 training
- October 14-19, 2018
- Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Location: Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, 10460 139th Street, Surrey, BC
- Note: Please bring your own lunch and mug
- Prerequisite: Completion of Level I and Level II – Part 1 required.
The Level II course builds on the foundation laid by the Level I Course. The Level II course will continue to explore the theology and praxis of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd while concretely preparing the participant to develop and facilitate an atrium for 6-9 year old children.
- Religious Potential of the Child 6-12 by Sofia Cavaletti.
- The History of the Kingdom of God, Part 1 – From Creation to Parousia, by Sofia Cavaletti, 2013.
- The History of the Kingdom of God, Part 2 – Liturgy and the building of the Kingdom of God, by Sofia Cavaletti, 2013.
Registration and other information:
- Click here to meet Catechesis Instructors
- Contact Murita Chua: 604-683-0281 ext: 50210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register below!