The Assistant Coordinator is dedicated to the evangelizing mission of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver with a special emphasis on strengthening marriages and families who are the primary recipients and agents of evangelization.
The Assistant Coordinator will collaborate within a team to encourage and assist parishes to develop their own marriage and family ministry, helping local communities to see themselves as a “family of families” (Pope Benedict XVI).
- Work with a team to establish a flourishing Marriage Mentorship program as an extension of the marriage-prep program with clear collaboration and support for the pastor, deacons, and other ministry leaders in parishes.
- Increase evangelizing outreach to the peripheries of our parishes, with the intention of providing accompaniment and support to individuals and families who have a greater probability of experiencing isolation and rejection within our parish communities.
- Research and evaluate pastoral programming on divorce/separated care. Initiate pastoral programming on divorce/separated care through strategic partnerships.
- Evaluate the Catholic Grandparents Association and work with parish/movements representatives to establish it within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of, and desire, to promote Church teaching on life, marriage and family issues;
- Basic knowledge and skills in planning, organizing, communicating, administering, managing and training staff and volunteers effectively;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Active practicing Catholic who understands and supports the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- A passion for upholding marriage and family values according to the Gospel;
- BA degree and/or professional or ministry experience in evangelization or marriage and family ministry;
- Experience in marriage and family ministry at the parish or diocesan level.
- Full-time, two (2) year contract;
- Excellent Group Benefits plan with option to opt into Group Pension plan;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Deadline to apply: February 11, 2019
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Assistant Coordinator” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.