The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver is seeking a full-time administrative assistant to support senior leadership by performing designated responsibilities to ensure optimal day to day workflow. The ideal candidate will provide comprehensive administrative support in a professional, courteous and efficient manner while maintaining absolute confidentiality.
- Manages the Delegate’s calendar and communications;
- Screens, handles and responds to enquiries and correspondence;
- Works on special projects as requested;
- Coordinates Third Party Events;
- Follows up on tasks, projects and files to ensure progress is on track;
- Coordinates meetings, including the preparation of agendas, minutes and other relevant material;
- Conducts research necessary to assist the Delegate;
- Develops and maintains an electronic and paper record management system;
- Assists in developing and deploying time management strategies and tools;
- Assists other offices in administrative tasks;
- Participates in Committees as directed;
- Performs other related tasks and projects as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High level of initiative, judgment and discretion;
- Excellent command of the English language including writing, editing and proof-reading skills;
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite in particular Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a highly professional office environment along with relevant education;
- Compliance with the Safe Environment Policies of the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required;
- 12 to 19-month contract;
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based team environment;
- Excellent benefits package including a pension plan;
- This role would commence near the end of March beginning of April.
Deadline to apply: February 15, 2019
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.