Upon your arrival at the Vancouver International Airport, you can get information at the Community Airport Newcomers Network (C.A.N.N.), which is located in the Immigration Landing Room in the International Arrival Area
For more information about what to do upon your arrival to Vancouver visit Welcome BC website.
Once you have arrived in Vancouver, there are a few primary things that you MUST do right away. These include:
- Apply for your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Apply for Medical Service Plan (MSP)
- Open a Bank Account
- Register your Children for School / Receive the Child Tax Credit
After you have completed these tasks, there are a few more things that you should get in order. Unlike the aforementioned tasks, these secondary things do not have to be completed right away, but should be done once you have settled in Vancouver. These include:
- Finding a Settlement Agency / Finding a Place to Live
- Apply for a BC Driver’s License
- Get Familiarized with Public Transportation
- Learn English as a Second Language
- Some other Tips to Living in Vancouver
YOU’RE ALL SET!
Now that you know a little more about the city and the services and opportunities that are offered to you, it is time to start a new beginning. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but not to worry, everyone in the Lower Mainland is friendly and helpful and is sure to make your life here in Vancouver an enjoyable one.
Welcome to Vancouver!!!