Dear Ladies of the Archdiocese of Vancouver
The Inaugural Archdiocesan Women’s Conference is over and it was a tremendous success!
With nearly 900 women in attendance, three dynamic speakers, and a beautiful closing Mass with Archbishop Miller, it was a great day indeed. Our wish did come true – hundreds of faithful Catholic women in one place at one time.
The Conference goals to invite, inform and inspire were met beyond our expectations and the many positive comments prove that a wonderful time was had by all.
Some comments from the banners on the wall:
“God’s presence is truly felt there today! Wonderful conference will be back next year.”
I am a daughter of the King. God does not make junk! Thank you Lord for awakening my heart to love more like you and to love you more as your daughter”
I am so happy knowing I belong in this big, beautiful, vibrant group of Catholic Women!
Saint Catherine, pray for us, as we strive for a deepening of our devotion to Christ through our womanhood. May God continue to inspire all women to live like they are loved.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank some wonderful women who made this day possible:
- Barb Dowding – for taking on the job of MC. (I am blessed to know the next national president of the CWL). She guided our day beautifully with grace and style.
- Analyn Perez –took on the job of making sure the day went smoothly and helped me out greatly. She is an awesome woman.
- Megan Siy and Amber Zolc – took care of all the volunteers and made sure everyone was happy.
- Faye McCreedy (and her husband Sean) – helped with all the audio/visual needs.
- Volunteers – (the ones with the purple scarves) – truly helped out in every way and were glad to do what was asked of them.
- Matthia Langone – for her wonderful work designing the Icon of the Visitation. Magnificat!
- CWL Ladies – took on the job of registration and did a wonderful job.
- CFC Handmaids – truly inspired decorating of the ballroom and prayer room. God Bless you ladies.
- All the behind the scenes ladies who took on roles before the conference:
– Sandy Marshall who helped with the site and questions to be asked
– Monica Conlin who helped find door prizes and gifts
– Sharon Ciebin who rallied the CWL to help with registration.
Thank you to everyone who helped in any way to make the day possible.
As John Paul II said:
“Thank you, every woman, for the simple fact of being a woman! Through the insight which is so much a part of your womanhood you enrich the world’s understanding and help to make human relations more honest and authentic.” (Letter to Women #2)