Spirit Day is designed to celebrate the Grade Seven students of our Archdiocese and has grown tremendously since the inaugural event in February 2005. This event will get participants excited about receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation, and awaken the Holy Spirit in young and old alike.
The day will include sessions, testimonies, games, music, skits, prayer, food, and Mass. Spirit Day will once again be offered on two separate days. Thus, school and parish groups will have the option of attending either Saturday, November 4 from 1:00pm – 9:00pm OR Sunday, November 5 from 10:00am – 6:00pm at Chandos Pattison Auditorium at Pacific Academy in Surrey.
One of the volunteer teams that is instrumental to Spirit Day is the Stage Team. The Stage Team will develop and implement the prayers, skits, introductions, and testimonies during the event. The Stage Team will also be working alongside the keynote speakers and musical guests.
We are recruiting for the Stage Team now in anticipation of meetings and rehearsals to begin in early September.
We will post applications for the Spirit Team and Logistics Team in September 2017.
We are looking for individuals who have…
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an active and growing faith and prayer life.
- A passion for today’s youth and a desire to understand and relate to them.
- A commitment to a lifestyle of evangelism and a desire to share what God has taught.
- A servant’s heart, a listening ear, an accepting attitude, and a compassionate vision.
- A commitment to the Catholic Church and its ministries.
- An appreciation for teamwork, and desire to work hard at being a team player.
- Experience performing on-stage.
Stage Team members must also…
- Submit the Spirit Day 2017: Stage Team Application Form (see below) and participate in an interview
- Be entering at least grade 11. Preference will be given to students in grades 11, 12, and/or First-Year University/College-age as of September 2017 (i.e. be born in 1999, 2000, or 2001)
- Be available to serve on both event dates (November 4 and November 5)
- Attend the preparations meetings starting in early September (dates and times TBD by team members):
– Dress Rehearsal on Friday, November 3 at Chandos Pattison Auditorium. Time TBD, likely to be 6pm – 10pm
– Additional meetings with smaller working groups as necessary
- On November 4, be at Chandos Pattison Auditorium from 9:00am – 10:00pm for pre-event prep and Spirit Day 2017
- On November 5, be at Chandos Pattison Auditorium from 8:00am – 7:00pm for pre-event prep and Spirit Day 2017
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 5:00pm on Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Once you submit your application you will see a confirmation message and you will receive an auto-reply email. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues submitting your application.
We would like to meet selected candidates for a brief interview. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via email between August 9 – 11 via email to arrange an interview time.
Interviews will take place at the John Paul II Pastoral Centre in Vancouver from August 14 – 18.
If you are unavailable to interview during this time, please apply and then contact Clay to make alternate arrangements.
New and Returning Applicants:
Click here to go to the Application Form.
All applicants (new and returning) are to fill out the same application form.
Applicants who have NEVER served on the Stage Team before should select “New Applicant”. New applicants also include those who have served on the Logistics Team and/or Spirit Team in previous years.
Applicants who have PREVIOUSLY served on the Stage Team should select “Returning Applicant”. Priority will be given to returning applicants who have served on the Stage Team for less than three years.
If you need more information regarding the Stage Team please contact Clay Imoo or call 604.683-0281.