Spirit Day 2017 Logistics Volunteer Application Information
Spirit Day is designed to celebrate the Grade 7 students of our Archdiocese and has grown tremendously since the inaugural event in February 2005. This event will get participants excited about receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation, and awaken the Holy Spirit in young and old alike. The day will include sessions, testimonies, games, music, skits, prayer, food, and Mass.
Spirit Day is offered on two separate days. Thus, for 2017, school and parish groups will have the option of attending either Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 1:00pm – 9:00pm OR Sunday, November 5, 2017 from 10:00am – 6:00pm at Chandos Pattison Auditorium at Pacific Academy in Surrey.
We are looking for senior high school students and young adults to assist with the behind-the-scenes aspects on November 4 and/or November 5. These areas include: hospitality, food service, and event set-up/take down.
We are looking for individuals who…
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Will perform tasks willingly and responsibly
- Will be open to instruction and direction from event leadership
Logistics Volunteers must also…
- Submit the Spirit Day Logistics Volunteer Application form
- Be in Grade 10 or older
- Attend one mandatory training meeting on the evening of Friday, November 3, 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at Chandos Pattison Auditorium at Pacific Academy. Logistics Volunteers must attend this meeting to familiarize themselves with the facilities and receive their volunteer assignments. Volunteers who cannot attend this training meeting will not be accepted onto the Logistics team.
- Submit a Medical Release / Code of Conduct Form (a form will be provided to you)
- Be at Chandos Pattison Auditorium at Pacific Academy for your designated shift(s) on Saturday, November 4, 2017 and/or on November 5, 2017.
Logistics Volunteers will receive…
- A letter of service (upon request)
- A volunteer t-shirt to wear during the event
- Meal(s) during the event
- A great experience serving at a dynamic event!
Applications must be received by the Ministries and Outreach Office by NOON (12:00pm) on Monday, October 16, 2017.
If you do not receive an auto-reply message once you submit your application, please re-check and/or re-submit your application. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems submitting your application.
One of the Logistics Coordinators will contact you about the status of your application by October 18. Please email: email@example.com if you have not heard from a Logistics Coordinator by October 21.
SPIRIT DAY 2017 LOGISTICS TEAM APPLICATION Process is now closed. Thank you to all who have applied! We will be in contact with you soon.
Please feel free to submit an application form for the Spirit Team if you are interested in serving on that team as well. You will be selected to serve on only one of the teams.
For more information, please contact Clay Imoo (Associate Director) or call 604.683-0281