Be the first to know what is happening in the various ministries of OSJ. Subscribe to our Newsletter!
News and Events Update
Welcome the Migrant Farm Workers
Unconditional faith and service – learn how our parishes provide support to farm workers from the Latin American Countries. Information session on welcoming the migrant farm workers in your parish will be held on Oct. 15 from 7 – 9 p.m. at St Joseph’s Parish, Langley A spiritual reflection by Father Richard Zanotti, C.S.; discover how dedicated parishioners, who currently support the farm workers, are welcoming and serving them in numerous parish communities. They will share their experiences and the joys of this ministry. “I was a stranger and you welcomed me” (Matthew 25:34). For more information contact: Evelyn Vollet, Director, Office of Service & Justice at firstname.lastname@example.org
People of Hope – Prison Ministry
A presentation by the Catholic Charities Justice Services. Explore the rewarding and transformative work of Prison Ministry in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. “A People of Hope,” a volunteer support and development conference takes place on Saturday, Oct.19 – 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the inclusion of Sunday anticipatory Mass at 4 p.m. at St. Andrew Kim Parish, 10222 – 161st Street, Surrey.
Special guest speakers: Gerry Ayotte – Archbishops Representative to Prisons, Dr Christine Jones – President of Pacific Redeemer College and Archbishop J. Michael Miller CSB. Lunch will be provided at this event. To RSVP Call Blair Perra 778-240-4886; e-mail email@example.com Oct. 9.
100th World Day of Migrants and Refugees – January 19, 2014
“I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”(Mt 25:35)
The Archdiocese of Vancouver is home to Catholics from many countries and where the Holy Mass is celebrated in twenty two languages. Migrants leave their homes in search of a better life and face the difficult experience of migration in its various forms. As Christians, we are called to reach out to and pray for all migrants to emphasize the unity of the human family and the values of acceptance, hospitality and love of neighbour.
Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB invites you to join him at the Holy Rosary Cathedral for Holy Mass on Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 2:30pm.
We will gather as One family in the global celebration of the Vatican-declared “100th World Day of Migrants and Refugees. The theme this year “Towards a Better World.”
A cultural reception will follow in the parish hall. Everyone is welcomed to join us!
Photos of 2013 World Mass for Migrants and Refugees
- Special Second Collection for Syria – All Parishes, September 14th/15th, 2013
- Farm Workers Ministry Launch – St. Luke’s Parish, June 16th, 2013
- Retreat for those who minister to Migrants and Refugees – June 1st, 2013
- First Spanish Mass for Farm Workers – April 28th, 2013 – St. Luke’s Parish
- Catholic Social Teaching Training Sessions – April 26th, 2013
- Unconditional Faith and Service: An Information Session on “Welcoming the Migrant Farm Workers In Your Parish” – April 18th, 2013
- Migrant Workers “Way of the Cross” – March 23rd, 2013
- A New Leaf (Sahel, Africa) – March 02, 2013
- World Day of Migrants and Refugees 2013 – January 20th, 2013
- We are a Migrant Church Workshop – January 12th, 2013
- Catholic Social Teaching Workshops successfully conducted! – November 13-15, 2012