A catechist is a person especially appointed by The Church to make Christ known, loved and followed by all. If you are Catholic who practices the faith and leads a life that is in harmony with Catholic teaching, then you can be a catechist.
A Catechist must also have an understanding of The Church and its teaching and the competence to impart faith. Although there may be exceptions, catechists should have been members of The Church for several years so that they can share the lived experience of the faith community.
Areas of Interest for Catechists
- Catechetics Library Find resources for catechists to borrow
- Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation & First Communion Guidelines
- Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation
- Approved Programs & Recommended Textbooks
- Curriculum Framework Find the Curriculum Framework for elementary & high school
- Catechist Lesson Plan