St. Nicholas Parish, Parish Office Manager – Part-Time (24hours/week)
St. Nicholas Parish is seeking a part-time Parish Office Manager to assist with the day-to-day workflow of the parish, assisting the Pastor, other clergy and staff in parish administration. The Parish Office Manager performs a variety of routine and non-routine secretarial, administrative and building maintenance functions for the parish. Reporting to the Pastor, the Office Manager will work collaboratively with members of the parish and volunteer groups.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing general administrative tasks such as managing the parish email and answering the phone;
- Providing administrative support to the clergy and parish staff and groups;
- Maintaining the Parish database, filing system, Parish lists, calendar, website and procedures;
- Scheduling and recording of Sacraments;
- Training and working with administrative volunteers;
- Coordinating the rental of the facilities;
- Overseeing the maintenance of the facility and equipment;
- Preparing cheques for Parish account payable and payroll;
- Overseeing the Parish donation process;
- Administering employee benefit paperwork;
- Preparing the weekly Sunday bulletin;
- Maintaining the office inventory of supplies;
- Maintaining a neat and welcoming Parish Office.
- Working knowledge of office administration and basic bookkeeping skills;
- Minimum two (2) years of office administrative or management experience;
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its practices and beliefs;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook);
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all work activities;
- Must demonstrate high professionalism;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and staying organized;
- Demonstrates good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience or knowledge of Paritek.
Working Environment & Conditions of Employment:
- 24 hours per week during Parish office hours (Tues., Wed. 1pm – 5pm; Thurs, Fri. 9am-5pm);
- Additional paid 2 hours as required for facility rentals;
- Excellent benefits package included;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by September 29, 2017 with “Office Manager” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.