Christ the Redeemer Parish is seeking an administrative assistant to assist with the day-to-day workflow of the parish. The incumbent performs a wide variety of secretarial and administrative functions. The successful candidate will be the primary contact and “face” of the parish and the critical link between the parish and school, parishioners, ministries, Archdiocese and external individuals or organizations.
The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities may include:
- Managing the parish office: greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, responding to voicemails, assisting clergy and staff with administrative needs and keeping an inventory of office supplies.
- Managing commitments: maintaining physical and computer task lists, maintaining an effective parish calendar and assisting the pastor and Parish Pastoral Council as needed.
- Using technology effectively and creatively: prepare and print the parish bulletin, update the parish website and accurately update and maintain the parish’s database on ParishSoft and voicemail system.
- Managing the parish’s sacramental life: be familiar with answers to basic pastoral questions with referral to a priest when appropriate, coordinating and planning baptisms, weddings and funerals and appointments with families as necessary, preparing sacramental documentation (i.e. certificates, notifications, etc.) and maintaining all sacramental registers.
- Communicating effectively: responding to the needs, facility requirements and other special requests of maintenance staff, the parish bookkeeper, school staff, parish and external groups.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church;
- Know and adhere to Archdiocesan and parish policies and practices;
- Capacity to work independently, with limited supervision and able to multi-task;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook and Word; Publisher an asset.
- Meet Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements and protocols;
- Experience and knowledge in office working environment or administration management an asset;
- Valid BC driver’s license preferred.
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based environment;
- Working hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday; occasional overtime or Saturday work may be required.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package available.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by August 18, 2017 with “CTR AA” in the subject line to:
Msgr. Gregory N. Smith, Pastor
Christ the Redeemer Parish
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.