St. Monica’s parish is looking for an administrative assistant. The administrative assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties, including typical secretarial and receptionist duties. Reporting to the Pastor, Rev. Robert Wong, SJ, the administrative assistant assists with coordinating functions to ensure the smooth running and operation of the Parish office.
The incumbent is the primary contact and “face” of St. Monica’s Parish and the critical link between the Pastor and the Parish community. As the first point of contact, the incumbent must carry out all duties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner; while maintaining absolute confidentiality.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing reception: answering the phone, relaying of messages and managing emails;
- Recording Sacramental records;
- Updating computer records of parishioners in our Paritek program;
- Ordering of supplies;
- Operating of office equipment and ensuring they are maintained in working order;
- Recording Mass intentions;
- Updating the parish calendar of events;
- Producing the weekly bulletin;
The successful candidate must:
- Have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices governing a Catholic environment and the application of these at the parish level;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality;
- Meet Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements and protocols;
- Have the desire to strive for a Christ-like character with a joyful heart for God.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of two (2) years experience and knowledge in office administration management as well as significant experience in general office and bookkeeping;
- Offer a minimum of two years of previous work experience in a similar role;
- Be computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher; knowledge and proficient working in Quickbooks and Paritek will be an asset.
- The working hours are to be determined by Pastor based on the needs of the Parish. Initial hours are Monday to Friday (8:30am to 1:30pm);
- Excellent benefits package including pension plan;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by August 18, 2017 with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to:
Rev. Robert Wong, SJ
Pastor of St. Monica’s
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.