Download the Order Form here
Criteria for a Papal Blessing
Papal Blessings may be ordered for the following events:
- First Communion
- Wedding Anniversary
- Anniversary celebrations for a Parish and/or school.
Papal Blessings cannot be ordered for Parishes outside of the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Vancouver or for non-practicing Catholics.
For your reference the following information from the Pastor must be included when ordering a Papal Blessing:
- Affirmation that the parishioner whose name appears on the Papal Blessing is a practicing Catholic
- Affirmation that the parishioner whose name appears on the Papal Blessing is a member of the Catholic Church
- The request must be signed by the Pastor or the Assistant Pastor
- The request must be accompanied by a cheque from either the requestor or the parish made payable to:
*The Archbishop of Vancouver
Please ensure that the cheque provided references the name of person receiving the Blessing in case cheque is separated from the form.
- Include name of the individual(s)
- Verify the occasion (i.e. 50th birthday – 50th wedding anniversary)
- If for a wedding, list the marriage date and name of Parish/Church where the marriage will take place.
To place an order for a Papal Blessing, please download the PDF order form here