The Society of the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother M. Teresa MC, in the year 1946, is an International Community – composed of active and contemplative branches, Sisters, Brothers and Fathers with Perpetual, Public Vows of Chastity, Poverty, Obedience, and wholehearted and Free Service to the poorest of the poor.
Our AIM is to quench the infinite thirst of Jesus Christ on the Cross for love of Souls. Our particular Mission is to labor at the Salvation and Sanctification of the poorest of the poor – by living our 4th Vow of Whole Hearted and Free Service to the poorest of the poor.
Our Mission here in Vancouver was founded on the 29th May, 1988. Our Mother was invited by our Late Archbishop Most Rev. James F. Carney.
In the course of the conversation with the Archbishop, Mother was inspired to open a home for Single Mothers. Our Ministry also includes Visiting the Shut-ins, Bringing Holy Communion to the sick in our Parish, Visiting the Jails (Women's Prison, Pre-trial Centre and Youth Jail), Teaching C.C.D. in our Parish, and Giving food to the needy. We also conduct a Summer Camp for the needy children.
For more information contact:
Missionaries of Charity
385 E. Cordova St.
Vancouver, BC V6A 1L4
Phone: 604 322 6840