Lord, our God, help us to walk with you
On the pathway to the beatitudes and
To live out your mission in today’s world.
Bind us to all men and women of our time
So that together we may bring the
Good News to the ends of the earth.
Open our hearts and our Christian communities
To the needy, the afflicted, the oppressed.
May we radiate the Living Christ
And transform our lives in the hope of the Resurrection.
This prayer we make to you
Who is the living God, now and forever.
World Mission Rosary
In February of 1951, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen (national director of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith from 1950 to 1966), in a radio address (The Catholic Hour), inaugurated a World Mission Rosary.
- “Embrace the world in prayer” – click here to pray the World Mission Rosary.
Pope's Missionary Prayer Intentions for 2011
- March – That the Holy Spirit may give light and strength to those in many regions of the world who are persecuted and discriminated against because of the Gospel.
- April – That by proclamation of the Gospel and the witness of their lives, missionaries may breing Christ to those who do not yet know him.
- May – That the Lord may help the church in China persevere in fidelity to the Gospel and grow in unity.
- June – That the Holy Spirit may bring forth from our communities many missionaries who are ready to be fully consecrated to spreading the Kingdom of God.
- July – That religious women in mission territories may be witnesses of the joy of the Gospel and living signs of the love of Christ.
- August – That Western Christians may be open to the action of the Holy Spirit and rediscover the freshness and enthusiasm of their faith.
- September – That the Christian communities of Asia may proclaim the Gospel with fervor, witnessing to its beauty with the joy of faith.
- October – That the celebration of World Mission Day may foster in the People of God a passion for evangelization with the willingness to support the missions with prayer and economic aid for the poorest Churches.
- November – That the African continent may find strength in Christ to pursue justice and reconciliation as set forth by the second Synod of African Bishops.
- December – That children and young people may be messengers of the Gospel and that they may be respected and preserved from all violence and exploitation.
From Agenzia Fides; January 1, 2010