The Archdiocese of Vancouver recognizes its responsibility to respond to missionary appeals, and will accept missionaries to come to our diocese to ask for support. All requests to participate in the program will be considered by an Archdiocesan Mission Appeal Committee.
The Mission Appeal Program promotes a greater awareness of Christ’s call to spread the faith and express our solidarity with the universal Church and assists missionaries who wish to visit the Archdiocese to solicit donations. The Mission Appeal Program is administered in a responsible manner in line with the guidelines set out in the Archdiocesan Mission Appeal Policy.
In carrying out that goal, we invite baptized Catholics to express their missionary commitment by offering their prayers, personal sacrifices and financial support for the work of the church in the mission dioceses. Parishioners are invited to share their gifts and appreciate knowing their funds are going to a reliable Catholic mission.
Mission Appeal Committee Members
- Reverend Joseph Thoai Le, Chair
- Reverend Msgr. Gergory Smith, Representative of the Archdiocesan Presbyteral Council
- Sister Mary Ellen Burns, Director, Holy Childhood Association
- Mr. George Pinto, Controller
- Ms. Nina Gavieres, Mission Appeal Program Coordinator.