St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a Master Choir Director. Reporting to Fr. Eugenio Aloisio, the Director will be responsible for overseeing the choir members at the Sunday Masses and conducting one of the four Sunday Masses. This position plays an important role in fostering community at the Parish, and engaging the choir members and parishioners in making every Sunday matter through the liturgical music.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directing and leading the volunteer choir during weekly Sunday Masses and rehearsals;
- Collaborating with the pastor in selecting appropriate music for the liturgical celebrations, liturgical seasons and other special occasions;
- Helping the choir members and parishioners grow in their understanding and appreciation of the role of music in the liturgy;
- Overseeing all choirs and schedule seasonal Masses, feast day celebrations and other special Masses or celebrations;
- Coordinating the annual Choral Concert;
- Assisting in coordinating choral and liturgical workshops.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an active Catholic with an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to be an intentional disciple;
- Have previous experience directing and leading a choir;
- Demonstrate strong and competent choral conducting skills;
- Have excellent knowledge of choral music, specifically, liturgical music;
- Have the ability to organize, coordinate and motivate team members (volunteers of all ages);
- Maintain absolute confidentiality;
- Meet Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements and protocols.
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
- Directing and leading Sunday Masses, and rehearsing weekly or as needed;
- Hours may vary depending on the need of the Parish and the season.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter with “Master Choir Director” in the subject line to:
Fr. Eugenio Aloisio
St. Francis of Assisi Parish
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.