Star of the Sea Parish in South Surrey/White Rock is looking for a part-time housekeeper. The housekeeper supports the Pastor and Parish community by performing tasks such as cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and laundry. The housekeeper must be able to maintain good relations with the pastor, assistant pastors, parish staff, volunteers, parishioners and visitors and have a cheerful disposition.
The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining the Parish Rectory, which will include such tasks as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, ordering supplies, laundry, grocery shopping and maintaining a cleaning schedule;
- Meal preparation: which will include creating a weekly menu in collaboration with the Pastor;
- Assisting with other related tasks as directed (for example: assisting with watering plants).
The successful candidate must:
- Have previous experience in a similar role;
- Maintain boundaries and strict confidentiality concerning parish matters and the privacy of the pastor and other residents;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to exercise sensitivity, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism at all times;
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently;
- Have excellent time management skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Must have good command of the English language in order to follow directions and be able to communicate effectively with others;
- Be able to meet the physical demands of this position;
- Have a valid FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate is preferred;
- Have a valid driver’s license and the use of a personal vehicle are preferred.
Working Environment & Conditions of Employment:
- The working hours are to be determined by the Pastor based on the needs of the Parish. Current working hours are Mondays 10am-6pm, Tuesdays 10am-7pm and Thursdays 10am-7pm.
- Excellent benefits package including optional pension plan;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based environment.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by August 28, 2017 with “Housekeeper” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.