The Catholic Charities Men’s Hostel provides emergency shelter for over 100 transient or destitute men in the caring and compassionate spirit of Jesus Christ. In addition to offering beds, the Hostel also provides access to food, social services and other life necessities to address guests’ needs. Under the direction of the Manager of Emergency Shelter, the Guest Attendant is responsible for the intake/discharge, communication, observation, monitoring and referral of guests.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two (2) years previous experience working or volunteering with homeless persons;
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental illness;
- Superior conflict resolution and de-escalation skills;
- The ability to work collaboratively, to respect confidentiality, to serve patrons of all spiritual persuasions, embracing servant leadership;
- Diploma/Degree in Social Service or equivalent an asset.
Working Environment & Conditions of Employment:
- Will be working Monday to Friday night shift (11:30pm-7:30am);
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.;
- Must abide by the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Policy & Code of Conduct;
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package offered;
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based team environment.
Please submit a résumé and a one-page cover letter (by email) stating “Full Time Guest Attendant, CCMH” in the subject line to:
Human Resources Office
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.