The Roman Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Vancouver (RCCAV) is looking for a professional to join our team as a Family Services Advisor (Advisor). The incumbent provides service and support to Christian families in making at-need or pre-need burial arrangements.
The Advisor provides information, service and support on burial space arrangement to the family, presenting options and preparing plans. In at-need situations the Advisor is responsible to coordinate internment scheduling between the funeral director, the family, the pastor, and cemetery grounds staff. This role plays an essential role in contributing to our mission of “preparing the living for the life to come; burying the dead in the Catholic tradition; and comforting the living with compassion and care.”
The Advisor will also participate in events such as Open Houses, the monthly Mass of Remembrance and parish presentations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent knowledge of the Catholic Church and Guidelines for Funerals and Burials in the Catholic Church;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Be self-motivated with strong ministry and service orientation;
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner;
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Have superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid BC Driver’s License (mileage reimbursed);
- Have the willingness to travel within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
The following are considered strong assets:
- Previous experience in the cemetery and/or funeral services industry;
- Previous experience in a sales/service industry;
- Experience or strong interest in public speaking;
- Knowledge of a second language.
- Normal days of Operation are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Work days will be determined by the director in collaboration with the incumbent and may change from time to time to meet the needs of RCCAV.
- Evening and weekend work will be required;
- Primary working location: Training will take place at the Gardens of Gethsemani Cemetery in Surrey. Work locations will vary and will include the cemetery in South Surrey, John Paul II Pastoral Centre in Vancouver and Parishes within the Archdiocese as well as attending meetings with families in their home.
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based team environment;
- Excellent benefits package including a pension plan.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by July 13 with “Family Services Advisor, RCCAV” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.