WHAT IS THE JOURNEY DISCIPLESHIP COURSE?
The Journey Discipleship Course is a comprehensive course that incorporates prayer, providing in-depth discipleship and spiritual care with the goal of helping individuals experience Jesus in their relationships, sexuality and identity. Each evening consists of worship, teaching, and prayer in small groups. These gender-specific groups are safe places for bringing our struggles to God and each other. There are weekly reading assignments for reflection, study, and prayer.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This course is for anyone willing to be open with others about their life, and who desires to deepen their relationship with Jesus. It is for those struggling with relational, sexual, or identity issues (such as unhealthy relationships, self-hatred, shame, sexual addiction, pornography, abuse, marital problems, unwanted self-identified same-sex attraction, emotional dependencies, etc).
WHAT IS THE COURSE CONTENT?
KNOWING LOVE REVEALED
• An Introduction to the Journey Discipleship Course
• Admitting Our Need and Shame
• Recognizing Our Need for Love and Affirmation
• Experiencing Jesus and the Cross
• Realigning Our Will and Dismantling Our Altars
LIVING THROUGH RECONCILIATION
• The Gift of Forgiveness
• The Healing of Women
• The Healing of Men
• Identity in the Father
• Breaking the Cycle of Addiction
• Standing Firm in Temptation
• Gender and Identity
• Understanding Abuse
LEARNING TO LOVE WELL
• Choosing to Journey
• Finding Christ in Community
• Healthy Friendships
• Journeying Into Adulthood
WHAT ARE THE PARTICULARS?
Location: St. Ann’s Catholic Church (33333 Mayfair Ave, Abbotsford, BC)
Date: January 25, 2018 – May 17, 2018
Time: Thursdays, 7:00 – 9:30pm
Cost: $600 (includes a non-refundable $25 application fee)
Details: There are two day-long sessions (February 3 & April 21). Attendance is required at both in order to take the course.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
1. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application for the Abbotsford Journey Discipleship Course.
Apply early because space is limited.
2. Submit your application and application fee, which can be paid:
• Online via PayPal or Credit Card: www.journeycanada.org/event-payment
• By cheque made payable to “Journey Canada” and mailed to 300 – 291 E 2nd Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1B8.
For more information, please contact JOURNEY CANADA at email@example.com | 604-301-1470