Infrastructure and Property Office
The Archdiocese of Vancouver is searching for a Director of Infrastructure and Property, whose objective will be to further the mission of the Archdiocese by planning, reviewing, supporting, evaluating Archdiocesan infrastructure projects within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
This position, reporting to the Archbishop’s Delegate for Operations, coordinates and manages all major building projects (including renovations to existing facilities) from the initial design to finalization and acceptance of construction; develops and maintains a strict quality assurance program during the construction phase for each project; collaborates during the construction phase between the parties to ensure cost effectiveness, open communications and the adherence to the Building Guidelines as set forth by the Archdiocesan Building Commission.
The primary responsibilities of the Director will be to:
- Coordinate the Infrastructure Projects of the Archdiocese, by:
- Developing best practice policies, tools, processes, and strategies for infrastructure development from initial concept to occupancy;
- Coordinate the Infrastructure Projects of the parishes, by:
- Assessing incoming applications and making recommendations to the Archbishop’s Delegate, Building Committee and all relevant bodies regarding approval of projects;
- Meeting with the parish pastor and all key stakeholders to determine new project capabilities by reviewing the Archdiocesan process, and collaborating closely with parish once/if project is approved;
- Assisting the parishes in determining the scope of work; the budget; the schedule; the contract type; and any potential resource needs.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for budget control and payment authorization.
- Assist with Archdiocesan Real Estate, by:
- Helping with establishing and overseeing methods and systems for assessing real estate values and developing a strategic plan for the Archdiocese;
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Church;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in development and/or construction;
- Project Management Certification (preferred);
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
- Knowledge of British Columbia regulatory environments;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Superior negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner.
Conditions of Employment and Working Environment:
- Evening / weekend meetings will be required;
- Ability to meet Safe Environment Requirements;
- Excellent benefits package including optional pension plan;
- Competitive salary offered in line with not for profit industry and depending on experience;
- Travel throughout the Archdiocese is required.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter with “Director of Infrastructure and Property” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.