The Archdiocese of Vancouver is searching for a Director of Construction and Property Renewal (Director), whose objective will be to further the mission of the Archdiocese by planning, reviewing, supporting, evaluating Archdiocesan infrastructure projects within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
This position, reporting to the Archbishop’s Delegate for Operations, coordinates and manages all major building projects (including renovations to existing facilities) from the initial design to finalization and acceptance of construction; develops and maintains a strict quality assurance program during the construction phase for each project; collaborates during the construction phase between the parties to ensure cost effectiveness, open communications and the adherence to the Building Guidelines as set forth by the Archdiocesan Building Commission.
The primary responsibilities of the Director will be to:
- Coordinate Construction Projects for the Archdiocese, by:
- Developing best practice policies, tools, processes, and strategies for infrastructure development process from initial concept to occupancy.
- Coordinate Construction Projects for the Parishes, by:
- Assessing incoming applications and making recommendations to Delegate, Archbishop, Building Committee and all relevant bodies regarding approval of projects;
- Assisting the Pastor and all key stakeholders to determine new projects’ capabilities and review archdiocesan process, determining recommended course of action, and collaborating closely with parish once/if Project is approved; and
- Assisting the Parishes in determining the scope of work; the budget; the schedule; the contract type; and any potential resource needs relevant to project stage;
- Ensuring that processes are in place for budget control and payment authorization.
- Property Renewal:
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Archdiocese Property Database and ensure it remains current; and
- Recommending a preventative maintenance program by fault isolating immediate and long-term repairs and recommending corrective action.
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Church;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in development (planning, rezoning, development permit management, etc.) and/or construction;
- Project Management Certification (preferred);
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Knowledge of British Columbia regulatory environments;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Strong negotiation skills; and
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner.
Conditions of Employment and Working Environment:
- Evening / weekend meetings will be required;
- Ability to meet Safe Environment Requirements;
- Excellent benefits package including optional pension plan;
- Competitive salary offered in line with not for profit industry and depending on experience; and
- Travel throughout the Archdiocese is required.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter with “Director of Construction and Property Renewal” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.