- Practice: To schedule appointments with Mr. Lasell, you may email him at email@example.com
- Website: http://www.denisboyd.com
- Phone Number: Coquitlam – 604-931-7211; Cloverdale – 604-889-6729
- Location: Coquitlam and Cloverdale, B.C.
- Are you in private practice? Yes
- Do you participate in any insurance plans? Yes
It is the responsibility of the client to check with the human resources department of their employer to see if they have insurance coverage
- Do you offer sliding scale/reduced fee counselling? Yes
- Telephone/Video counseling: No
- Please list all languages that you speak: English
What Kind of Clients Do You Work With
- adults, youth, couples and families
Message from Therapist
Don works within both a private practice environment with Denis Boyd and Associates in Coquitlam British Columbia, in his own parish in Cloverdale, as well as a school counsellor at St. John Brebeuf Regional High school in Abbottsford.
Don Lasell is a Registered Clinical Counsellor, being a member of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, and is also a member of the Catholic Psychotherapy Association of Canada. Don specializes in working with families having children with special needs and anxiety. His areas of special interest include anxiety, depression, stress, self-esteem, couple and family issues. In addition to counselling, Don also offers presentations and workshops on a variety of issues related to children, marriage and family.
Don obtained his Masters in Marital and Family Counselling in 1994 through the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago and is also a former teacher who has taught in an integrated classroom setting. Don is also a former peer reviewer for the Council on Accreditation.
Presently Don is in private practice working with Denis Boyd & Associates in Coquitlam, BC, as well as being a school counsellor at the elementary and secondary levels within the Catholic Independent School system within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
Don is married to Tanya with whom he is the parent of seven children, two of which are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Credentials, Training, Qualifications
- B.A., B.Ed., M.A.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor
Marriage, Family, Parenting, Anxiety & Depression
Counselling Methods Used
Adlerian, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Emotion-Focussed Therapy and EMDR