We are looking for a dynamic missionary disciple of Jesus to join our team. This person will advance the Church’s mission of evangelization through working collaboratively with Pastors, Pastoral Centre colleagues, parish staff and volunteers. The successful candidate will have a deep desire for and commitment to leading others into a deep and lasting encounter with Jesus Christ, with a proven ability to create engagement with those not already active in a parish. He/she will possess a high-level of initiative and be a leader with a demonstrated track record of growing/improving programs and executing/completing projects.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Active engagement in a Catholic parish;
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize and train others to evangelize;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience leading a program that evangelized adults and/or young adults;
- Experience leading, recruiting, training and/or coaching;
- Planning/problem-solving skills; can move assignments from idea to execution;
- Exceptional time and task management skills;
- High level of judgment and discretion;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Drive to continually learn and establish best practices through professional development.
The following are considered strong assets:
- Knowledge of and desire to promote Church teachings;
- Familiarity with the CCO Faith Studies and Alpha; or similar materials;
- Project management, program development, change management training/experience;
- Sales and/or marketing experience, especially in a ministry environment;
- Employment history at a parish and/or familiarity with the operations of a parish;
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
- Motivated by faith, we work to intentionally help people experience God’s merciful love with the goal of forming missionary disciples in our parishes, schools, and ministries;
- We value team-work, accountability, discipline, and candor in our working culture;
- The position of Coordinator will be based at the John Paul II Pastoral Centre within the Ministries and Outreach office;
- The role will include significant time and travel to meetings, trainings, and events at parishes throughout the Archdiocese; therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent have access to a vehicle;
- The Archdiocese offers an excellent benefits package including an optional pension plan.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter with “Coordinator, Evangelization Programs” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.