The Ministries and Outreach Office (M&O) is looking for an experienced dynamic missionary disciple of Jesus to join our team. The Coordinator will advance the Church’s mission of evangelization through working collaboratively with parishes and pastors. This position requires an individual who has a deep desire for and commitment to leading others into a deep and lasting encounter with Jesus Christ. To be able to inspire confidence in people and to engage with those not already active in a parish.
The Archdiocese has created a platform for programs like Alpha and Discover Discipleship to be brought into parishes with the support and coaching of coordinators from M&O. This is an opportunity for an individual to bring their experience to our team as we continue to grow this platform.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Active engagement in a Catholic parish;
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize and train others to evangelize;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience leading a program that evangelized adults and/or young adults;
- Experience leading, recruiting, training and/or coaching;
- Planning/problem-solving skills; can move assignments from idea to execution;
- Exceptional time and task management skills;
- High level of judgment and discretion;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Drive to continually learn and establish best practices through professional development;
- Successful Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search required prior to start of employment.
The following are considered strong assets:
- Knowledge of and desire to promote Church teachings;
- Familiarity with the CCO Faith Studies and Alpha; or similar materials;
- Project management, program development, change management training/experience;
- Sales and/or marketing experience, especially in a ministry environment;
- Employment history at a parish and/or familiarity with the operations of a parish.
- Motivated by faith, we work to intentionally help people experience God’s merciful love with the goal of forming missionary disciples in our parishes, schools, and ministries;
- We value team-work, accountability, discipline, and candor in our working culture;
- The position of Coordinator will be based at the John Paul II Pastoral Centre within the Ministries and Outreach office;
- The role will include significant time and travel to meetings, trainings, and events at parishes throughout the Archdiocese; therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent have access to a vehicle;
- The Archdiocese offers an excellent benefits package including an optional pension plan.
Deadline to apply: Open
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Job Title” in the subject line to:
Human Resources Office
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.