The Ministries and Outreach Office of the Archdiocese of Vancouver is looking for a dynamic missionary disciple of Jesus to join our team. In this position the Coordinator will have the chance to establish relationships with parishes and pastors that will lead to creating fruitful lay adult formation programs. As well as, coaching and supporting parish coordinators with the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), catechesis, and discipleship.
This is an exciting opportunity for any individual who has completed a Masters in Divinity (or other relevant studies in Theology) and has the desire to implement strong programs within our parishes. With the ability to turn a vision into a reality with the support of a seasoned administrative team and volunteers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Active engagement in a Catholic parish;
- Demonstrated ability to form lay leaders in the Faith through catechesis, discipleship, and spiritual formation;
- Strong interest in formation for the Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults and in the relationship of parish evangelization and RCIA;
- Theological education demonstrated by an academic degree and/or the ability to pursue on-going academic theological formation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience leading a program that discipled and formed lay Catholic catechists and other ministry leaders;
- Planning/problem-solving skills; ability to move assignments from idea to execution;
- Exceptional time and task management skills;
- High level of judgment and discretion;
- Very strong ability to establish trust and collaboration quickly with pastors, parish staff, and lay leaders;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Drive to continually learn and establish best practices through professional development;
- Successful Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
The following are considered assets:
- Familiarity with relevant Church documents and popular literature on adult evangelization, catechetics, discipleship and formation;
- Experience leading and teaching in parish RCIA programs;
- Familiarity with spiritual direction and programs to train spiritual directors;
- The ability to lead retreats and to recruit retreat leaders;
- Familiarity with programs of and approaches to human formation; including healing ministry, improving marriage and family relationships, and overcoming addictions;
- Superior knowledge of the liturgy of the Roman rite, including the ability to train lay liturgical ministers and assistants;
- Project management, program development, change management training/experience;
- Experience leading, recruiting, training and/or coaching volunteers;
- Personnel and performance management;
- Employment history at a parish and/or familiarity with the operations of a parish.
- Motivated by faith, we work to intentionally help people experience God’s merciful love with the goal of forming missionary disciples in our parishes, schools, and ministries;
- We value team-work, accountability, discipline, and candor in our working culture;
- The position of Coordinator will be based at the John Paul II Pastoral Centre within the Ministries and Outreach Office;
- The role will include significant time and travel to meetings, trainings, and events at parishes throughout the Archdiocese; therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent have access to a vehicle;
- The Archdiocese offers an excellent benefits package including an optional pension plan.
Deadline to apply is: Open
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Coordinator of Adult Catechesis” in the subject line to:
Human Resources Office
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.