Commission for Young Adult Ministry (“Commission”)
The Commission for Young Adult Ministry of the Archdiocese of Vancouver under the direction of the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry exists to support the ministry to and with young adults.
The Commission for Young Adult Ministry consists of two teams: the Executive Team and the Committee Team. The Chair for the Commission will be the Consultant for Young Adult Ministry.
The Executive Team is responsible for keeping the focus of the Commission centred on its goals and vision. The Committee Team is comprised of Co-Chairs who serve as liaisons between the Commission and their Committees. For 2013-2014, both the Executive Team and the Committee Team will assist the OYYAM in developing a pastoral plan for Young Adult Ministry.
Agenda Items for 2012-2013
- Developing a vision, mission and mandate for young adult ministry
- Assessing the needs and current practice of young adult ministry in the archdiocese
- Setting goals for the next 3 years
- Review and Evaluation of Commission
Agenda Items for 2013-2014
- Assisting the development of a Pastoral Plan for Young Adult Ministry
- Discussing issues and current events
- Facilitating archdiocesan young adult events and activities
- Connecting with young adults and ministry leaders
2013-2014 Commission for Young Adult Ministry Team Members
(From left to right: Derek Mercurio, Elizabeth Ingram, Daniela Gimenez, Mary Joyce Chan, Genesis Rigor, Sheena Devota, Catherine Ching, Mark Macapinlac, Alvina Chiu, Robbie Baumann, Winetta Lee, Elizabeth Krump)
2012-2013 Commission for Young Adult Ministry Team Members
(Back row, from left to right: Gerard Garcia, Chris Velasco, Aiden Wickey, Justin Guimond, Andrew da Silva, Min Kim, Ray Tarnai, Jason Ullattikulam)
(Front row, from left to right: Mary Joyce Chan, Daniela Gimenez, Sheena Devota, Priscilla Ho, Alvina Chiu, Elizabeth Ingram)
For more info on the Commission for Young Adult Ministry, please contact Gerard Garcia at the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.