Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based program of Christian formation for children ages 3 through 12. CGS teachers must be certified through the CGS formation training program, which is open to teachers — pre-school, K to 1, PREP, or homeschool — or anyone interested in being trained as a CGS instructor.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd requires training for adults for each level.
- Level I is for children ages 3 – 6 (90 hours)
- Level II is for children ages 6 – 9 (90 hours)
- Level III is for children ages 9 – 12 (120 hours)
Each level of training requires at least 90 hours of training sessions with the following features: lectures, prayer reflections, observations, lesson presentations, materials making, discussions and planning.
Upcoming Training Schedule:
- Registration is now closed. The course is full. To be included on our wait list, please contact Murita Chua at 604-683-0281 ext. 50210
- Level 1 – Part 1 training
- August 14-18, 2017
- Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Location: Immaculate Heart of Mary, ECE Centre, 789 Alderson Ave, Coquitlam
- Note: Please bring your own lunch and mug
The Level I course is the foundation for all three levels of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. It aims to prepare the adults to work, to listen and to learn with children. The participants will be prepared to develop and facilitate in an atrium or integrate the methodology in the existing religious education programs for elementary schools and PREP.
- Religious Potential of the Child (Vol.1) by Sofia Cavaletti.
- Listening to God with Children: Montessori Principles Applied to the Catechesis of Children by Gianna Gobbi.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd in a Parish Setting by Tina Lillig.
- The Good Shepherd & The Child: The Joyful Journey by Patricia Coulter.
Registration and other information:
- Registration is now closed. The course is full.
- Click here to meet Catechesis Instructors.
- For more information and registration please contact Murita Chua: 604.683.0281 ext: 50210 or firstname.lastname@example.org