Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based program of Christian formation for children ages 3 through 12. CGS teachers must be certified through the CGS formation training program, which is open to teachers — pre-school, K to 1, PREP, or homeschool — or anyone interested in being trained as a CGS instructor.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd requires training for adults for each level.
- Level I is for children ages 3 – 6 (90 hours)
- Level II is for children ages 6 – 9 (90 hours)
- Level III is for children ages 9 – 12 (120 hours)
Each level of training requires at least 90 hours of training sessions with the following features: lectures, prayer reflections, observations, lesson presentations, materials making, discussions and planning.
Upcoming Training Schedule:
- Level 1 – Part 2 training
- March 20 – 24, 2017
- Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Location: Holy Trinity Parish, North Vancouver, 2725 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver
- Note: Please bring your own lunch and mug
The Level I course is the foundation for all three levels of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. It aims to prepare the adults to work, to listen and to learn with children. The participants will be prepared to develop and facilitate in an atrium or integrate the methodology in the existing religious education programs for elementary schools and PREP.
- Religious Potential of the Child (Vol.1) by Sofia Cavaletti.
- Listening to God with Children: Montessori Principles Applied to the Catechesis of Children by Gianna Gobbi.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd in a Parish Setting by Tina Lillig.
- The Good Shepherd & The Child: The Joyful Journey by Patricia Coulter.
Registration and other information:
- Click here to meet Catechesis Instructors.
- Click here for online registration
- Click here to download registration form.
- For more information and registration please contact Murita Chua: 604.683.0281 ext: 50210 or email@example.com