Under the direction of the Archivist/Records Manager, the Archives Assistant will provide support in the following areas:
- Assist with day-to-day archives and records management tasks;
- Accession of incoming material;
- Respond to research requests;
- Other related duties as directed.
This position consists of working in both the records management and archive programs and is ideal for a student who has completed at least one year of an archival studies degree at an accredited university and/or has a Library Technician degree.
- Completed a Library Technician degree or related degree, or has finished at least one (1) year of a Master of Archival Studies;
- Be detail-oriented and have the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop;
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position;
- Previous experience working in an archival environment or related field would be considered an asset; and
- Knowledge and understanding of archival principles, practices and techniques and the Rules for Archival Description (RAD), and metadata standards would be considered an asset.
- Availability to work up to two (2) days per week, 9:00am-4:30pm;
- Flexible schedule;
- Term position;
- Remuneration $18.00 – $21.56 per hour.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by August 11, 2017 with “Archives Assistant” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.