The Permanent Diaconate Office (PDO) of the Archdiocese of Vancouver is looking for an administrative professional who is excited to work in a faith based environment. This role requires an individual that has a deep desire to serve the Church’s mission and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
The incumbent is the primary contact and “face” of the PDO and the critical link between the Director and the deacons, men in formation, their wives and families. As the first point of contact, the incumbent must carry out all duties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general administrative functions;
- Mission Effectiveness: Monitors the achievement of key tasks assigned by the Archdiocesan Directories for the formation, mission and liturgical life of deacons;
- Initial Inquiries & Applications Management: Responds to initial inquirers and provides detailed information regarding the Permanent Diaconate application process;
- Aspirants & Candidates:
- Maintains accurate records of academic performance and progress through diaconal formation and ensures all proper documentation has been received;
- Ensures scheduling and completion of prescribed non-academic formation components.
If you have the following skills and experience and a great desire to serve the Church, please send us your résumé and cover letter:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, to track projects, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism, tact, judgment and discretion working in a confidential and sensitive environment;
- Ability to respond cordially to inquirers and to maintain supportive relationships with candidates, professors and priests;
- Superior time management and multitasking skills, initiative in problem solving without frequent supervision with the ability to identify issues requiring the Director’s attention.
If you have the desire to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop, and are an active member in your parish, we invite you to apply today. Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by July 28, 2017 with “PDO AA” in the subject line to:
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.