The Ministries and Outreach Office is looking for a seasoned administrative professional to provide exceptional support to Coordinator(s) and Project Manager(s) for the successful execution of projects and events as well as the ongoing maintenance of effective programming. This position plays an essential role in the evangelization mission of the church by supporting program development that helps to form true disciples of Jesus Christ.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience in an office environment;
- Experience working within a project management framework;
- Assisting Project Managers in maintaining documents and tracking project activities within project timelines;
- Monitoring and organizing documentation while keeping track of project phases, tasks and deliverables [project file, project log];
- Troubleshoot potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties, while keeping the Project Manager updated;
- Ability to learn on the job and take initiative in a fast-paced team environment;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Successful Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
The following are considered assets:
- Good working knowledge of the Archdiocese of Vancouver and knowledge of Church teaching;
- Familiarity with parish based pastoral programming;
- Knowledge of process mapping and Visio are strong assets;
- Fluency in a second language.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00-4:30.
- Occasional weekend and night work will be required, flexibility in schedule may be required from time to time to accommodate office requirements;
- Excellent benefits package including pension plan.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter by December 22nd with “M&O Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to:
Human Resources Office
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver
Thank you for your interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.