News and Updates
Latest news from the Archdiocese of Vancouver....
- CCCB: Building a New Culture: Recent Church Teaching on the Environment
- Year of Faith Pastoral Letter
- 2013 Easter Message
- CCCB Statement: 2013 Share Lent Collection
- Archbishop Miller's 2013 Share Lent letter
- Archbishop Miller's letter to Pope Francis
- Archbishop Miller's statement on Pope Francis
- St. Mark's symposium homily
- Mass of Thanksgiving for the Papal Ministry of Benedict XVI
- Archbishop's homily at ONE Conference
- Catholic Family Services is now named Office of Life, Marriage and Family
- Christmas Appeal for Seafarers
- Rosaleen Heffernan has been appointed Principal of Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary School in Port Coquitlam
- John Campbell has been appointed Principal of St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary School in North Vancouver
- Two new principals have been announced for schools in the Catholics Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese. Ms. Marian McDermott has been appointed principal of St. Andrew’s Elementary School in Vancouver, and Ms. Irene Wihak is the new principal of St. Francis de Sales Elementary School in Burnaby.
- Father James Hanrahan, CSB, the longest-serving principal of St. Mark’s College at UBC, died peacefully in Toronto Wednesday. He was 85. Former St. Mark’s principal David Sylvester said Father Hanrahan “contributed much to Vancouver through his work at St. Mark’s and Corpus Christi, and through his various prayer outreach groups.” A Mass in memory of Father Hanrahan will be said at St. Mark's Church at St. Mark's College Sunday, Feb. 19, at 11:30 a.m. with Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB, celebrating. Everyone is welcome. Visit our Facebook page to see an article about Father Hanrahan from The B.C. Catholic in 2005.
Latest news from The B.C. Catholic....